Himalaya Protective Sunscreen Lotion
What it does according to Himalaya:
Himalaya’s Protective Sunscreen Lotion is a double-action formulation that protects you from harmful UV rays and, at the same time, nourishes your skin.
Himalaya has received a US patent for CINNABLOC, an active sunscreen agent used in Protective Sunscreen Lotion. CINNABLOC is extracted from the herbs Spiked Ginger Lily and Greater Galangal, which have natural UV ray shielding properties. The US patent has been granted for the discovery of a natural sunscreen composition and using it in a herbal cosmeceutical product.
With an SPF of 15, Himalaya’s sunscreen gives your skin protection from UV rays.
A blend of naturally derived ingredients including Spiked Ginger Lily, Aloe Vera, Greater Galangal and Crab Apple, help protect skin from the damaging effects of the sun, which include tanning, premature aging and skin cancer.
• Spiked Ginger Lily has a wide range of therapeutic benefits. The powdered rhizomes of the plant are used as an antiseptic agent and for muscle aches and pain. Its warming properties make Spiked Ginger Lily an effective skin moisturizer.
• Aloe Vera, known for its many healing properties, can be used topically or consumed in its juice form. The leaf of this plant has a number of therapeutic properties. It is rich in enzymes, polysaccharides and nutrients which exhibit antibacterial and antifungal action. A natural UV inhibitor, its hydrating, softening and intense moisturizing properties nourish the skin.
• Greater Galangal, also known as Thai or Siamese ginger, is a natural skin protector which guards the skin from UV rays and premature aging.
• Crab Apple is a rich source of vitamins and prevents skin cell degeneration and premature skin aging.
Directions for use:
Apply Protective Sunscreen Lotion liberally on exposed skin including the face, neck and arms before going outdoors during the day. Avoid the area around the eyes.
Suitable for all skin types.
Useful tips for sun protection:
• Limit exposure to the sun from 11 am to 4 pm, at the time when the sun’s rays are strongest.
• Shield yourself with an umbrella, hat, sunglasses and long-sleeved clothing when you go outdoors to physically block out the sun’s harmful rays.
• Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with active ingredients that block both UVA and UVB rays.
• Sunscreen should be used every day, including cloudy days.
• Use a sunscreen with at least SPF 15. This offers adequate protection for everyday use.
• Sunscreen should be applied liberally and evenly before going outdoors during the day.
Information taken from www.himalayahealthcare.com